Wednesday, January 25, 2012

An Earnest Deposit; the house is sold!

BRETHREN, it is God who establishes us with you in Christ, and has commissioned us; he has put his seal upon us and given us the earnest of his Spirit in our hearts.
But I call God to witness against me - it was to spare you that I refrained from coming to Corinth. Not that we lord it over your faith; we work with you for your joy, for you stand firm in your faith. For I made up my mind not to make you another painful visit. For if I cause you pain, who is there to make me glad but the one whom I have pained? And I wrote as I did, so that when I came I might not suffer pain from those who should have made me rejoice, for I felt sure of all of you, that my joy would be the joy of you all. For I wrote you out of much affliction and anguish of heart and with many tears, not to cause you pain but to let you know the abundant love that I have for you.

Buying a house can  be nerve wrecking.  Selling it even more.  When  shopping for a new house, in order to guarantee to the seller that you intend to actually buy- you give earnest money.  A pledge in good faith you want it.  Here,  St.  Paul  says  God  has bought us.  He wants us for himself as His temple, His holy house. The proof is,  he has given  the earnest- the pledge in our hearts.  He is starting to move in now, let’s  be ready when  He completely takes over the property.

No comments:

Post a Comment